Sunday, August 8, 2021

ONCE UPON A TIME IN BARCELONA

 Author- Shubham Priyadarshi.


 

Image Credit- Barca Blaugranes

 March 15, 2018. 

Chelsea were playing Barcelona again. First leg was tied 1-1. And Chelsea were punching above their weight. I was hopeful that we will give them tough competition, notwithstanding the result. But a certain diminutive Argentinian decided that same will not be the case. It was a close match and we still lost 3-0. I realized that what I was witnessing that night was the greatest football player that I have seen and in all probability, will ever see in my lifetime.

Football was my solace in troublesome times. It still is. And I am fortunate that during this period, I saw you at the absolute peak of your powers and bring joy to millions like me around the world. Well, except when you were tormenting us.

You are widely considered the greatest of all time. And although I am not sure about how good Maradona or Pele were, but I am sure about one thing: being considered better than you is the highest praise that could be accorded to them.

Gracias por los recuerdos, Leo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED

  Image Credit- Bundesliga.  Bayer Leverkusen had a dream 2023-24 season. They lost just one game in the entire campaign and that was the Eu...